Since we all need more calories this holiday season...
Here is the recipe for my Chocolate Butterscotch Oatmeal Chewies...very yummy...very fattening. So if your jeans don't fit after eating a few of these I don't want to hear about it cause I warned you all!
Ingredients...this can be halved if you don't want a huge batch, I have 5 kids so only huge batches are allowed!
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (so you can pretend these are healthy!)
- 1 1/2 Cups White Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Cups packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Cups Butter softened (yes that is 4 cubes)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 TBSP Milk (you can use non fat if it makes you feel better)
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 5 Cups Oats (I like old fashioned but if you like the quick its fine by me)
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 -2 Cups Chopped Nuts (as always these are optional for you nut-haters)
- 1 Cup Raisins (again optional if you own a raisin hater like I do...but they are really better with raisins)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine dry ingredients...flour baking soda and salt in small bowl
Cream the butter and sugars in large bowl until fluffy, beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
Gradually add dry ingredients.
Stir in oats
Stir in yummy extras...chocolate chips (hey, no snitching), butterscotch chips, nuts, and raisins.
Now stir it all up into one big yummy mass!
You can either put all this dough into one big humongous pan for bar cookies and bake 'em for 30 - 35 minutes or you can do the more labor intensive drop cookies that depending on their size will take 10 - 15 minutes to bake (I make huge cookies so thus the longer baking time)
Now don't overcook these. Take the drop cookies out when the centers are barely set, you want them to be chewy when cooled. The center of the bar cookie pan is the same, barely set not firm and brown.
NOTE: I was thinking that maybe dried cranberries would be good in these, their sprightly flavor might be a good contrast to all the sweetness, besides they would make for some pretty cookies. If you try it let me know.