OK...so they don't have to be pink! You could do these any color that tickles your fancy.
I knew from the beginning pink flowers would play a big part of our back yard soiree...
See that cute little pink bucket full of geraniums hanging from out outside shower?
Yes indeed it started out as a Corona Bucket. Oldest son made the fatal mistake of leaving two of these darling little buckets at home when he moved out. He also knows that anything and everything (except the children) are fair game for mama and her paint can! This bucket was more fitting for a Jimmy Buffett concert than a party for the cure...no longer!
Corona meet Krylon's Ballet Slipper Pink! (if you like paint projects check out their site!)
Next I put an old window frame to use on the back patio where we all ate...
I found a scrap of hot pink fabric and stapled it to the back of the frame. Then I trimmed off the excess.
Next I took scrapbook paper and picked the 4 background pieces for each opening. Then I used more paperto cut out little banners that I would put me words on...
I chose BELIEVE, HOPE, FAITH, and CURE
I believe that we will find a cure. I have hope that someday breast cancer will be something our daughters will not need to fear. I have faith that God will bless this important work...
I used punch out letters and glued them on the banners and then glued the banners onto the background paper. I used little heart stickers around the edges.
I couldn't figure out how I wanted to attach all this the fabric. I didn't want to glue it because I wanted to be able to reuse the fabric. I also didn't think it would adhere very well.
I finally came up with the plan of taking a hole punch and punching holes around the edges of the paper. I then took a large doll makers needle and threaded it with garden twine and I 'sewed' the paper to the fabric!
Even though the twine was a bit hard to pull through the fabric it was the perfect way to attach the paper to the fabric. I really liked the rustic twine against the pretty pink paper!
I took another sheet of scrapbook paper with letters glued on to cover the ugly yellow cooler I put the blueberry lemonade in...
I again used garden twine to attach it to the cooler along with a bit of pink ribbon.
Altogether I spent less than $20 on decorations...well unless you count the flowers.
But those are considered an investment in my garden.
So they don't count!